Saturday, October 07, 2006

A Surprise Visit

Kirk and Morgan decided to surprise me yesterday by showing up at my office. Morgan had the day off due to the St. Tammany Parish Fair and Kirk was babysitting, so what's a duo to do on a Friday?? Play golf, of course! For those of you who don't know, my office is at the TPC of Louisiana (yes, it's a golf course), which is where the Zurich Classic of New Orleans will be played this year from April 16th-22nd. A lot of updates have been made to the course since the last and only Classic to be held here two years ago. It was moved back to English Turn last year due to hurricane damage to the TPC. Anyway, it's a gorgeous place even if it takes me a long time to get here everyday. So Kirk and Morgan surprised me and then went out to the on-course driving range and then played 9 holes of golf. OK, so Kirk played 9 holes but Morgan putted and repaired divots. Obviously one of the perks of my job is the free golf for me and my family, which I'm sure Kirk will be taking advantage of often. In this pic to the right, if you zoom in you can see Kirk teeing off at hole 1. I was taking the picture from the balcony at our office. After they played golf, I met them in the clubhouse where they had some lunch. It was a great surprise to see them!

2 comments:

steele family said...

that is so great. what a view!

Sherry said...

Nice view! That was a nice surprise!