Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Snowboarding Day 1


We decided to turn in our skis and poles for snowboards. Yes, we're crazy but we wanted to learn. It looks much easier than skiing, but once you strap that board on, it's pretty difficult. We went to snowboard school on Monday and learned how to skate on the board and then how to use our heel and toe edges to help us control our speed and move the board along. All was fine on the little Sweet Pea slope, even though there were many falls and landing in the snow. But at the end of the day we moved over to the green trail, and let's just say, I didn't quite make it down as easily as I thought I would. Kirk actually did much better than I did...he made it all the way down the trail. After that day, I wasn't sure if I'd be able to or wanted to continue with boarding, but many people told us you had to give it at least 2 or 3 days.

No comments: